We are grateful and able to accept the majority of your household items and are always particularly in need of gently used clothing, housewares, shoes, books and toys.
Donations We Are Unable to Accept
We may not have the ability or resources to accept and safely handle very large, heavy or awkward items such as large furniture pieces, sofa beds, mechanical beds, organs or pianos.
We are unable to accept any items that are too dangerous to handle such as items that contain hazardous materials or chemicals, unframed glass and mirrors or syringes.
Under Health Canada, Consumer Product Safety laws make it illegal to sell certain second hand products. This includes, but is not limited to items such as:
- Items that are too old and do not comply with current safety standards
- Items that have been subject to a recall
- Items that have missing parts, are broken, labels and instructions are missing, warning labels, information labels or instructions are not bilingual.
Items that should not be sold second hand cannot be given away; these items must be destroyed or otherwise prevented from being used.
We do not have the resources to clean or repair extremely soiled and/or damaged items. We are only able to accept gently used items that are in sales floor ready condition or are recyclable.
Due to the high cost of transportation, we are unable to offer home pick up service.
- Infant and Children’s items: Used car seats, walkers, baby gates and all other infant items that do not meet current safety standards, are not in good repair, are missing parts, instructions, bilingual warning labels – we are required to destroy these items.
- Appliances: White goods are large and/or heavy consumer goods such as air conditioners, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers etc.
- Building Materials – (Please consider Habitat for Humanity)
- Chemicals: Includes household waste such as cleansers, car batteries, paint, oil, pesticides
- Damaged/soiled items
- Doors & Windows – wood or glass (Please consider Habitat for Humanity)
- Electric Blankets
- Flammable items
- Gasoline and oil operated items containing gasoline or flammable oils
- Glass and Mirrors – unframed
- Helmets (unless new and in original sealed packaging)
- Mattresses & Box springs
- Mirrors – unframed
- Propane Cylinders and Propane operated items
- Sofa beds
- Waterbeds and waterbed accessories