CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR BOARD MEMBERS
GOODWILL® NIAGARA is seeking new Board Members who live or work in the Niagara Region.
We are a diverse and inclusive organization and are seeking individuals who are passionate,
committed, and who are interested in making a positive impact in the Niagara Community.
BOARD COMMITMENT AND BENEFITS
- Actively support Goodwill Niagara’s mission, vision, and values
- Participate in scheduled Board meetings (approximately 1.5 hours monthly)
- Be well informed and able to actively participate in Board discussions
- Support the activities and strategic direction of Goodwill Niagara
- Be able to participate in at least 1 sub committee
Benefits of being a volunteer member of the Goodwill Niagara Board includes,
- Advisory and leadership development
- Opportunity to guide the growth and evolution of a charitable organization
- Make a difference in the lives of families and individuals in the Niagara Region
- The satisfaction of “giving back” to the community
Interested applicants are asked to submit a letter and resume outlining your qualifications to:
Dalton Clark, Nominating Committee Chair
Email to: email@example.com
MISSION AND VISION
Mission: Goodwill Niagara provides work opportunities and skill development for people with barriers to employment or independence, and affordable housing for seniors.
Vision: Our vision is to enrich our community by improving the lives of people with disabilities or barriers to independence by providing essential programs and services and through partnerships and the responsible use of community resources. organization background
Goodwill Niagara is a non-profit charitable organization operating in the Niagara Region since 1994
We are a self-sustaining social enterprise that relies on the collection and resale of donated goods to deliver programs and services throughout the Niagara Region
We have120 employees, 6 retail stores operating in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Port Colborne, and an Attendant Donation Centre (ADC) located at Humberstone Landfill.
We operate 2 affordable senior housing buildings in St. Catharines and Welland, that provides 57 affordable apartments for seniors.
Last year Goodwill provided services and training to over 600 individuals and 6,350 people were served through our community centres.
Our commitment to environmental sustainability in the Niagara Region resulted in the diversion of over 10 million pounds of reusable items from the landfill.